Have you ever wondered why so many people get massages? Well, here are some of the reasons why they do it, and why you should also.
Did you know that massages were depicted in Egyptian tomb paintings. It is also mentioned in ancient Chinese, Japanese, and Indian texts.
Massage is scientifically shown to be an effective treatment for the following conditions:
• Cancer-related fatigue
• Chronic low back pain
• Reducing headache frequency
• After surgery to help with post-operative pain
Therapeutic massage is increasingly being promoted by healthcare providers to their patients:
• Almost one in five adult Americans (19%) report discussing massage therapy with their doctors or healthcare providers.
• Of those 19 %, more than half (58%) said their doctor strongly recommended or encouraged it.
• More than half of massage therapists (63%) receive referrals from healthcare professionals.
Massage is beneficial for infants, children, adolescents, adults, and the elderly:
• Babies fall asleep faster when massaged than when rocked, and they stay asleep rather than waking the moment Mom tiptoes away.
• When massaged regularly, children suffering from juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, and autism showed improvement in their symptoms from decreased pain, decreased anxiety, and decreased inattentiveness.
• Massage therapy can help to partially restore mobility to the elderly afflicted with Parkinson’s disease and arthritis, as well as reduce levels of anxiety, depression, and the effects of loneliness.
If your still not convinced, come in to Xhale Salon~Spa and let us show you why you should get a massage regularly. Our skilled massage therapists customize the massage to fit your needs and give you the relaxation you have been wanting, so come in today!