Thousands of years ago, both the Chinese and Ancient Egyptian priests and physicians were using essential oils in their daily lives to combat a variety of problems. From anxiety to nausea, to lift emotions and even as an offering to the gods. Scientists today have discovered that essential oils have the ability to inhibit the growth of tumors and kill certain bacteria, like the strand that causes E coli.
When you smell an essential oil, your olfactory bulb fires off signals to the limbic system, which is the part of your brain that controls your emotions. Your physical and emotional reaction is dependent on which oil is used. Here are a few essential oils that you can use in your everyday life for various ailments:
-Peppermint oil to make you feel more alert.
– Lavender to help you sleep better. Studies have shown that lavender increases brain activity associated with relaxation and deep sleep. For women, lavender can help alleviate PMS symptoms and reduce pain.
– Grapefruit to help you reduce your appetite.
– Eucalyptus to stop your runny nose. Hang it in your shower and the eucalyptus in the steam will help clear your stuffy nose and reduce pressure.
– Sweet Orange to reduce your anxiety levels. (other citrus oils have been known to have similar results). You can also try a combination of lavender, neroli and chamomile to help ease your stress levels.
– Ginger to reduce nausea
– Black pepper to help you quit smoking. The scent will help reduce cravings.
– Rosemary to improve concentration.
That’s just the tip of the iceberg. There are still so many many more ways that essential oils can improve your day to day life. Pick up yours today and see the results!